Manufacturing Project Leader, Batteries
SolidEnergy Systems Woburn, MA/ Full Time
The Manufacturing Project Leader has overall responsibility for leading our Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with a major Electric Vehicle (EV) manufacturer.
The Project Leader will be responsible for the execution of development activities, R&D pilot operations, issue resolution, and fulfillment of the product or product family to ensure the financial and operational success of SolidEnergy Systems and our customer.
The Manufacturing Project Leader will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will be based in Woburn, MA. This is not a remote position.
- Work closely with functional stakeholders such as Engineering, R&D, Business Development, and Manufacturing to develop a clear definition for the project that meets customer requirements and internal company goals.
- Cathode electrode and Large cell line operation for OEM JDA cell production
- Process development & optimization for large cell build
- Develop the execution plan for the project. This includes working with functional leadership to build a schedule, staffing plan, risk analysis, mitigation plan, and budget.
- Oversee the successful execution of the plan:
- Manage the key project attributes of schedule, scope, budget, and staffing to ensure the project stays on track and within commitments.
- Continually evaluate project risks and take appropriate action to mitigate them.
- Coordinate day-to-day project activities, priorities, meetings, and communications ensuring alignment across all cross-functional teams while optimizing performance at a project level.
- Serve as the focal point for project communications. Compile regular project status for all stakeholders and effectively escalate critical issues and risks as necessary.
- Ensure the project is developed in compliance with specified internal, customer, and industry standards, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with Project Managers of end customer for any other joint developments, as needed.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to meet the customer program milestones on time by adhering to the deliverables outlined within the product development process.
- Proactively identify and highlight critical-path dependencies, risks, and opportunities that tie to clear scope and deliverables.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Collaboratively work with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to ensure reviews and recommendations are completed to professional standards.
- Track and communicate program status and timelines to company leadership; inform and contribute to data-based strategic decisions
- Master’s Degree or higher in engineering or material sciences and 15+ years of industry experience, in the battery industry
- Prismatic pouch type EV large cell development and manufacturing experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other accreditation a plus, but not required.
- Experience with large cell format manufacturing equipment and facility
- Prior work experience with automotive Tier-1 or OEM
- Exceptional communication skills to interact with both business and technical professionals
- Experience with multi-site, multi-geographical development is desired.
- Adept at collaborating with both technical and business groups
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Proven leader with strong written, verbal, and remote communication skill