SolidEnergy Systems Woburn, MA/ Full Time
SES has an immediate opening position for a Quality Engineering Manager to oversee pilot line battery cells production.
The Quality Engineering Manager will lead Li-Metal cell projects with a major Electric Vehicle OEM that impact quality, manufacturability, safety, cost, and reliability while working in a cross-functional team throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will guide design decisions, contribute to specification requirements, collaborate on cell material and process development projects, define and maintain quality assurance processes and controls. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Process, Equipment, and R&D teams to take battery design changes and new battery designs from initial concept through prototype development.
The position will report to Chief Technology Officer and is based in Woburn, MA.
This is not a remote position.
- Build and direct the battery cell quality function, work scope includes leading engineering, incoming materials, production, and operational quality organizations.
- Lead quality reviews, support manufacturing, and company leadership.
- Organize and prioritize work with minimal guidance and manage priorities, projects, and special requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineering as well as participate in DFM reviews.
- Address cell failures by driving architecture, engineering, and manufacturing changes to improve product quality.
- Continue improvements efforts of quality data systems, and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in operations.
- Set and maintain the most up to date standards for product quality related.
- Bachelor or above degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical, or industrial engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in product quality, quality system or program quality in manufacturing environment
- Experience of supervision teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Excellent knowledge of quality problem-solving methods, Six Sigma black belt is a plus.